Jun.Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Carsten Engelhard
- Assistant professor for analytical chemistry at the University of Siegen, 04/2013 – present.
- Independent research at University of Münster, Germany, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). “Habilitand” with Prof. U. Karst , 05/2010 – present.
- Offer to become Assistant Professor (non-tenure track) at University of Jena, 03/2010 (declined).
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (Prof. Gary M. Hieftje), Indiana University, Bloomington, USA, 01/2008-04/2010.
- Dr. rer. nat. (“summa cum laude”, Prof. Karl Cammann), University of Münster, Germany, 11/2007.
- Diplom-Chemiker (Prof. Karl Cammann), University of Münster, Germany, 2003.
Honors and Awards
- Adolf-Martens-Award 2010, Adolf-Martens Fonds e.V. and Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM)
- Award of the Analytical Chemistry Division of the German Chemical Society, “Fachgruppenpreis”
- Outstanding Young Investigator Recognition, Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies
- A.M.S.El. Award, Analytical Chemistry Division of the German Chemical Society
- Procter and Gamble Award, “Dissertationspreis”, Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy, University of Münster
- Analytical Chemistry
- Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry
- Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
- Environmental Science & Technology
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry (JAAS), 2013-present
- Guest Editor, JAAS Issue No. 2, 2014.
- Member of the International Advisory Board of the Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry (JAAS), 2011-2012
- 2011 Program Section Chair for Atomic Spectroscopy at the 38th Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies (FACSS) conference, Reno, NV, USA
- 2012 Program Section Chair for Atomic Spectroscopy at the SCIX conference presented by FACSS, Kansas City, MO, USA
- 2013 Program Section Co-Chair for Atomic Spectroscopy at the SCIX conference presented by FACSS, Milwaukee, WI, USA
- German Chemical Society, Division of Analytical Chemistry
- Royal Society of Chemistry, MRSC
- American Chemical Society, Division of Analytical Chemistry
- Society for Applied Spectroscopy
Contact Information at University of Siegen:
University of Siegen
Department of Chemistry and Biology
Adolf-Reichwein Str. 2
Phone: +49 (0)271 740-2040 (Secretary)
Fax: +49 (0)271 740-2041
E-Mail: engelhard at chemie dot uni-siegen dot de